Good To Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… And Others Don’t by Jim Collins (Random House publisher)
Why Read It? Collins’ book is chock-a-block full of case studies, analogies and simple but profound principles. Well-researched and well-written, this book contains some powerful insights along with a few more obvious points along the way. Overall, a must-read for both those that work at a company that has the potential to be something great, or if you have a vision of a company you would like to build.
What you will learn how good, mediocre or even bad companies can achieve enduring greatness through great leadership. Great leaders deal in reality without pretence. They get the right people on board from the outset. Find your outstanding, truly awesome talent and the business plan will write itself.
Other articles in this edition:
- The 7 Website Essentials
- How Does Your Website Rank?
- Accounting Software - Another Brick In Your Business Wall
- Business Start Up Corner - What Is Your Cash Clock?
- Marketing Corner - Email Marketing That Works
- Tech Corner - Voicemail For Your Website & Customised Email Signatures
- Self Managed Super Funds - Property Investments Yes or No?
- Life Insurance Within Your Supperannuation Fund